1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

33 hrs since first baby hatched???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jessicayarno, Mar 10, 2012.

1. jessicayarno

jessicayarno Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Okay it has been 33 hours since my first two babies hatched. I now have three babies, but all three pipped at around the same time. Does this mean these are all that will hatch. The older two are chirping loudly and clearly stressed, running back and forth along the door pecking at it. What should I do??? I Need to know if I am putting these little guys through this for nothing. Thank you...

2. jessicayarno

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Anybody?? This is my first time incubating. How long do I wait for the other eggs to hatch. They were due to hatch last night.

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I remove my new hatchlings when they are dry and active. Place your dry chicks into the brooder and give the others a couple more days.

4. jessicayarno

Oct 6, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    Thank you.. I already moved them because they were knocking the eggs around and I figured that couldn't be good. I know i probably shouldn't have, but i candled the remaining eggs and three were definite quitters and the other 3 are questionable. I went ahead and put the questionable ones back in the bator and will wait another day before I toss them. This has definitely been a learning experience.. I am happy that I got 3 babies out of 12 eggs set, my very first try..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by