34 hours after external pip no progress.

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
I’ve already had one chick hatch. My incubator is low visibility so I can only take a couple second long glances to check on welfare. I had another egg that looked like it was starting to pip and I swear there was a crack in the egg. That was about 34 hours ago. None of the other eggs show signs of hatching, but I can’t really see all that well. What should I do? Give it a couple more hours or try to assist?

Uh, so I did some reading and found a guide and it said to candle it, so I picked up the egg in question because it’s been well over 18-24 hours. It’s very much alive as it started yelling at me. So, should I just leave him alone because it sounds like he’s got air. He started complaining immediately so I just put him back in and didn’t look because it startled me.

I’ve already had one chick hatch. My incubator is low visibility so I can only take a couple second long glances to check on welfare. I had another egg that looked like it was starting to pip and I swear there was a crack in the egg. That was about 34 hours ago. None of the other eggs show signs of hatching, but I can’t really see all that well. What should I do? Give it a couple more hours or try to assist?
I would give it some more time.

Back
Top Bottom