36 week wyandotte still not laying!

LindsayB

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
Cypress, Texas
My wyandotte hen (i hope shes a hen lol) is 36 weeks old and still hasn't layed an egg...shes not even doing the 'squat' or going into the nest box. I am frustrated...Anyones opinions would be greatly appreciated.
chickens061.jpg

I have the same problem. I'm not sure how old mine is, but she looks about like yours. I thought she had started laying-turned out to be a barred rock. Mine does fuss all the time.

I have 4 hens in various ages, no one has laid a single egg since August! With this strike going on I'm not sure the Wyandotte will know how it's done or where to lay.

Good luck! Be sure to post that first egg pic as soon as it arrives.

Just an idea or 2:

She looks healthy, lots of red in her face, and that's a nice wide rear-end.

You sure she doesn't have a nest in the yard?

Losing hours of daylight discourages laying but you are a long way south down there in East Texas. Let's see . . . you've lost a little daylight since the equinox ~ 12 hours to 10.5 hours.

Would you want to try turning that around for her?

Steve
edited twice to get my equinox & solstice straingtened up - sheesh!

Last edited:
I got three Silver laced wyndoots and they all over 8 Months old only one of them is laying,but I am going to wait till spring and see what's going to happen.
Omran.

heres another pic, ya'll are positive she is a hen and not a rooster? I have no idea why she wouldn't be laying...She eats good feed, plenty of water, treats, and the other two are also laying...

(they love yogurt!)
chickens058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom