3am Chicken Mission Impossible

nightshade

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Jonestown Pa , Columbia County
Okay I thought you guys might get a laugh out of this. Here is the short verson.

My grandmother turns 78 today. She grew up on a farm as you probably can guess as well as her and pappy having thier own til my mom was a teenager and they moved to town. For years all I have heard out of her was how she wishes she could have a RIR roo like she had on the farm. How she misses hearing one crow in the morning, how beautiful they are , ect. And how it sucks that she can't have one cause she is in town. That one of the neighbors would call the spca and get her in trouble or they would just shoot it. ( I bet you can guess where this is going.
big_smile.png
)

So since I was taking trips to farm market twice a month, picked a beautiful RIR roo up at market for a few bucks. Got a huge dog cage, a pretty bow,card and all the goodies for a B-day. AS well as some very nice flowers to give her later in the day to make up alittle for what I am about to do lol.
cool.png

The key is I have to sneak a 10lb roo in a 15lb cage crate on to her front porch in the middle of the night. In the center of town, while she is sleeping without getting caught.
hmm.png
This I just know is going to be a challenge. Not to mention putting food and water in with him for the day without him getting out and flying the coop. As well as the bow on the cage and the card in the front door. Did I mention all without getting caught?
hmm.png

I would love to see the look on her face in the morning when she goes out to get the paper. But then again she would probably strangle me, while she was crying over it. I know that she is gonna try to act all ticked over it and then it will be all she talks about to every one she sees for the next month.(Cause that is kinda how she is)

I was sure to put in the card that we would pick him up when she was done with him, so that should make it go over alittle better then if I had just let him loose in her back yard. lol

Any way I have to get around for my 3am chicken mission impossible. I'll let you know how it all turns out.
wink.png

I think that is an AWESOME bitrthday present.

I bet she will have a blast with him...& of course telling everyone about it. She may get woke up before she's ready to go get the paper...by his crowing!!!!
D.gif

Good job....& I hope you don't get caught!

Jean

This story made my day
smile.png
. Your grandmother sounds a lot like mine. What a wonderful present, very thoughtful. I'll be smiling about this one for a while. Please give us an update about her reaction.

Oh, I think that is just great! Can't wait to hear the out come of this mission--"Should you choose to except it"! And that the agent covering the 'mission' makes it back home safe!! Keep us informed and YOU MUST provide proof that them mission is complete w/ pictures...Dixie --funnnnn

Back
Top Bottom