3am surprise visit!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by magikchick, Jun 30, 2007.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    My dogs woke me up at 3am raising you know what at something. So I got up to check it out and there standing in my yard was a horse with a broken lead.

Very nice horse, so I put her in my fence. At 7am I seen a car crusing the street real slow, knew this had to be the owner. She yelled "is that your horse?" I answered "did you loose a horse?"

She was very happy to have her back. I was happy to see her go home upharmed.[​IMG]

Marsha

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  2. melody

melody Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2007
    You did a good thing, I as a horse owner can only imagine how grateful and relieved she must have been. When my two got loose last year, i was frantic til we found them.

3. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    that was nice of you. i hope the horse will be okay.

4. Hotwings

Hotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2007
    southwestern Michigan
    That is one of the things you have to look forward to by living in the country-never knowing what animal will turn up in your yard. My friend Freebie has had loose horses as well as pigs show up at her house. When she still had her market steer and his goat companion they used to get out of their pasture and visit the neighbors livestock. The goat was the actual brains and the steer provided the muscle to break out. It was kinda funny but not to Freebie and her family. They get calls "Your cow is over here" and they would have to go get them. It could of been more scary if the wandered out on the road though. I used to kid her that someday a a knock would be on her door and a ostrich would be standing there ha ha.

5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    So glad it resolved so quickly, both for the horse and owner!

6. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    A friend of mine found two horses roaming around on a friday night, she put them in a safe area, fed them for the entire weekend, till on mondya someone came looking - they were away for the weekend, and they didn't even bother to say thank you or anything - some people are just RUDE....

I would just have a heart attack if my horse disapeared! And if that did happen, and someone was keeping her safe for me, I would be SO SO happy and really be thankful for that.

7. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    That was so nice of you. I've never lost a horse but I fear I will. Just yesterday when I looked out I couldn't see my mare and I freaked. Had my son go out there shaking a feed bucket. She was just out laying in the sun! I felt instant relief she raised her head up!

8. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    I fould 25 head of black angus in my garden that belonged to a neighbor. They had left for 2 weeks in July and didn't leave them able to get to water. I put all the animals in his other pasture (with a pond). He actually got mad about changing the pasture instead of repairing the fence and putting them back where they belong. That was 2 years ago and the family hasn't spoken to me since. I am glad yours was a happy ending.

9. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Quote:if i am understanding you right, he expected you to fix his fence while he was away?
    he is lucky you did anything! it is his responsibility to have someone watch his animals at least once a day to check on him! i mean if you are going to go out of town for more than over night and be back the very next morning, get someone to feed and water the poor things! that was dumb and neglect on his part! he shouldn' t have animals.
    but i tell you what he has good neighbors in you and should have not gotten mad at all, should have been greatful. i would have brought you a desert or gave you money or something for doing that for me [​IMG]

10. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    On top of that he didn't really seem to care THEY WERE ALL IN MY GARDEN!!!!!! 25 cows in a 40x60 garden, doesn't last long.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by