3hrs old peachick cant walk?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by animalloverabh, Jul 4, 2010.

1. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

[​IMG] so, i had got my pipped peacock egg into my homeade incubator, i helped it a litte but he did the rest.
    3 hours later he still cant walk-or stand up properly, [​IMG] oh i do hope he is ok! [​IMG] please help
  2. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

It's ok, if they had a rough start it might take a day or so for it to get strong. If you can get some grippy shelf liner and place a piece in something small enough that the peachick can push on the sides for support, then put in peachick for a day. See if that helps.
  3. animalloverabh

[​IMG] thank you! thats one worry over LOL, my other worry is that it is eating or drinking very little, and has not pooed yet.. [​IMG]
    it also ″waddles ' and keeps leaning backwards, and falling on his back? [​IMG]
  4. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    My 1 wk old took a couple of days. She had a slipped tendon, but once that was fixed, she was still slower.

She took forever to poo and is very different about eating than the chicks- I'm constantly thinking she isn't eating enough. I'm petrified she'll starve, but she's flying all over, so she must be okay!
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Yep, peachicks are not like chicken chicks when it comes to eating. they may not pick at things for some time.... and are slow doing it. ; )
  6. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Give it time, and plenty of heat.
    BTW are you in the UK?
  7. animalloverabh

Quote:yes i am in the uk
  8. animalloverabh

yes he is better now! whoop whoop! [​IMG]