3wkold Polish~ Roo's-Pullet-2 early 2 tell?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Streakhooch, May 13, 2010.

1. Streakhooch

Streakhooch Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2010
    I didnt know if it was to early to tell yet or not, but I was just curious as I was told both pullet. I fell in love as soon as I seen there puff on the head so I had to get both as there was only the 2, I was told they are Polish Crested but I have no idea nor do I know the color name as the lady was kind of rudeish when I asked questions. The 1st lil one grew the topknot faster then the 2nd one but since 2nd one has been growing it, it seems to be catching up a bit... does a pullet or roo grow one faster. They have 5 toes the one being extremly small n cute, u can see n the day old pic, I include when I 1st got them of the 1 I just dont remember which one it was of [​IMG]
    This is the 1 that grew the topknot faster
    [​IMG]

This is 1 of them when I 1st got.
    [​IMG]

This is the other 1
    [​IMG]

Thanks for all and any input.

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Lets get this up where folks can see it...

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2009
    Howell,NJ
    My next chick will be polish so I would like to know as well

4. stargazer1974

stargazer1974 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2010
    East Texas
    I think you have Sultans not Polish. Polish have 4 toes and are clean legged. Sultans have 5 toes and are feather legged. Otherwise, they look a lot alike. I don't know why she told you they were polish unless she just didn't know the difference. [​IMG]

I have 4 polish that are 6-7 weeks old and 3 of them grew their topknots really fast and don't have much at all in the comb area. The fourth one is growing his topknot really slowly, it's about 1/3 the size of the others and has a really wicked looking tentacley comb. I would think sultans would grow out similarly, with the females feathering faster. Anyway, enjoy your sultans!! [​IMG]

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Agreed--those are white sultans. I think it is probably too early to tell gender.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Both Sultans and it's too early to tell their sex yet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by