4 1/2 wks..girls out for the first time!..help ID a couple....pic hvy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mbrparker, Mar 17, 2009.

1. mbrparker

mbrparker New Egg

Feb 18, 2009
    Had a beautiful Alabama day..77 degrees and the girls wanted out of the coop ( some not by choice ;-)...all 25 of em...(well not all girls...2 leghorn roos!)...please help us ID the girls in the solo pics...the black and white and chipmunk colored...we know we've got EE's , white crested black polish and cochins but thats it...others we dont have a clue...the girls spent all day out and had a ball.. didnt want to go back in the coop! hope that part gets easier...

[​IMG]

who am i ?
    [​IMG]

look at us were fuzzy!

[​IMG]

what am i ?
    [​IMG]

hangin at the back of the coop

[​IMG]

oh yeah almost forgot please tell us what we are ????
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fairladi_chick

fairladi_chick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2008
    gray court,sc
    the black & white ones look like barred rocks.

3. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree---the last ones look like Barred Rocks--not sure about the others--sorry. [​IMG]

On second thought---The chick in the first picture has greenish legs so I think it might be an EE. The second pic didn't show up--maybe a messed up link.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. JenMT

JenMT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Kalispell, Montana
    My Barred Rocks are 6.5 weeks old and that is exactly what they look like too. Good luck with the rest!

5. TammyTX

TammyTX Overrun With Chickens

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    The chipmunk chicks can also be EE's or Welsummers...my Wellies look more like chipmunks than my EE's do.

If the black/white don't turn out to be BR or Dominiques maybe they are Marans. The black/white birds didn't have white spots on their heads? Marans have a white spot on their heads with the roos having the larger spots.

This is a Welsummer at two weeks:
    [​IMG]

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Agree with everyone. Black and white ones are barred rocks, the black one with feathered legs is a cochin, the white one with feathered legs is a cochin. Cute chickens, I bet they had a ball out for the first time.

7. RHewitt

RHewitt Chillin' With My Peeps

White ones without fuzzy feet could be White Rocks. They are often sold along with EE, and Barred Rocks. Great looking group of teenagers. I call em teenagers because they are not quite grown and a little clumsy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by