4 22-week old hens FREE to a great home! New Milford, Connecticut

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by boxwoman, Sep 22, 2009.

1. boxwoman

boxwoman Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2009
    New Milford
    Here is my story. Last April my husband and I built a beautiful coop for 4 chicks that we ordered. All was great...until the post office called me and told me that my second order had arrived. The hatchery doubled my order. I couldn't send them back because they would die to we tried to expand our coop, but it is just not big enough. They are all beautiful and healthy. I would like to find a home for 1 black Austerlop, 1 EE, 1 RIR and 1 Plymouth Rock. I prefer them to go together. The RIR is laying and the others are on the brink! Email me if you can help. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Wow!! Great deal for someone!! How odd that that happened...doubling the order. I only wanted a small flock too (5), so I don't know WHAT I would have done had I ended up with 10 instead. May I ask which of yours ended up friendliest?? Of my five babies, I have an EE, an austrolorp, and a plymouth rock.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    You should put your location in the title- sure you'll find a taker. [​IMG]

4. PlymouthRocker

PlymouthRocker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    Are you in CT? I have a friend nearby with chickens - - - I'll send her a message.

5. boxwoman

Jul 13, 2009
    New Milford
    I think that the Plymouth Rocks and the Austerlops are the friendliest. They follow me around the yard -- they loves treats! I am in New Milford, CT -- Northwestern corner of the state. I will try to post so pictures.

6. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Are these still available?

7. boxwoman

Jul 13, 2009
    New Milford
    Yes they are. Email any questions. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I should have google earthed your location before i asked. i figured my chances were good you would be near 91 [​IMG]
    We are right off 91 near the MA/VT line........so that is a little far. Thanks for the reply though [​IMG]

9. Lesa

Lesa Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Gee, I don't know how small your coop is, but winter is coming and those chickens will help keep each other warm...Maybe you could just add a little "sun room" off the coop, to give them a little more room in the winter. I did it with old windows, painted them black and it looks great...If they are happy and healthy now, and they have all been staying in the coop, I don't see a huge problem. Again, maybe you have a very tiny coop, but I would give it a try...

10. ilikethedesert

ilikethedesert Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2009
    Easton, CT
    I recently rescued a pullet girl who is about 13 wks old and would like to find one or two girlfriends for her around the same age. Would you be willing to send off just two? Right now she lives in our house and is really part of the family. We are in the process of building and outdoor coop but want friendly breeds as my kids love to hang out with the chicken.

I'm in Easton so we aren't too far from NM.
    Thanks!
    Stephanie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by