4.5 Week bantam chicks: roos or pullets?

Osofluffy

Chirping
Sep 16, 2020
Hi! This is my first posting 😬. We have a variety of Bantams (totaling 9) that 4.5 weeks old & I am noticing differences between the ones that have a matching pair. Will you please tell me if you think they are roos or pullets?

First up: Mille Fleur Bearded D'uccle Bantam. I think the one on the left is a roo. The other 3 chicks look like the one on the right.
20200916_170120.jpg

Next up: White Crested Black Polish Bantams
I think the one on the left is a roo. Look at the size difference and the red under the beak.
20200916_170534.jpg

Last set is Black Frizzle Cochin Bantams
The left one isn't very frizzley lol and I think it is a roo with the red comb. The one on the right has the Frizzle feathers .
inCollage_20200921_180248358.jpg

Last one is a white Silkie named Snow. I have no one to compare her (hopefully) to. She is pretty large though compared to the other Bantam breeds.
20200916_171805.jpg

Thank you for all your help 😊

For the brahmas I see a boy and girl. For the polish hestiantly say both girls. For the Cochins, the one on the left looks like a boy. The silkie is too young.

Not in my town sadly but my in laws have a large farm in Wisconsin& offered to add him to their family of chickens. They have bantam coop with ample space. We visit multiple times a week so we would still help take care of him.

Not in my town sadly but my in laws have a large farm in Wisconsin& offered to add him to their family of chickens. They have bantam coop with ample space. We visit multiple times a week so we would still help take care of him.
That’s good that you have somebody to give him to! It’s nice that you get to visit.

Back
Top Bottom