4.5 week old light brahma died today

HensInTheForest

Songster
Apr 1, 2022
Minnesota
We lost one of our 4.5 week old light brahmas this morning.

She had not been thriving and was one fourth the size of the other one we got weeks ago.

I had read many threads here and tried a few things but nothing seemed to help her.

I didn’t notice her crop really filling up like the others.
I wet some crumble and hand fed her for 3 days. She would also eat the dry crumbles from the feeders. She was active, hopped around up on the perches and boxes and didn’t just stand around.

But she was crying alot just sitting with others, She slept under the plate when others her age are out. Lots of chirping.

Tried nutridrench directly, they all have both fresh water and drench water. Tried probiotic. Didn’t try ACV seems like some here love it others say no don’t use it.

Feeding non medicated Feed. Maybe she needed medicated I don’t know.

I also now have a MMM that’s about a third the size of the other one I have, so watching that one now very closely.

Feel sad that I failed her.

She had not been thriving and was one fourth the size of the other one we got weeks ago.

I had read many threads here and tried a few things but nothing seemed to help her.

I wet some crumble and hand fed her for 3 days. She would also eat the dry crumbles from the feeders. She was active, hopped around up on the perches and boxes and didn’t just stand around.

But she was crying alot just sitting with others, She slept under the plate when others her age are out. Lots of chirping.

Tried nutridrench directly, they all have both fresh water and drench water. Tried probiotic. Didn’t try ACV seems like some here love it others say no don’t use it.

I also now have a MMM that’s about a third the size of the other one I have, so watching that one now very closely.

U didn't fail her...you did everything you could. Hand feeding isn't easy.
I wish I had more insight and help. I've only dealt with leg/feet problems.

Here she is still so small but feathering.
20220510_201445.jpg

It's hard to understand that we can't control everything, but we can't. It's not your fault. So sorry for your loss❤️

Back
Top Bottom