4.5 week old MPC Assorted BEL What kind are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by microbiomom, Nov 5, 2009.

1. microbiomom

microbiomom Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2009
    South Alabama
    Here is a photo of three of my chickens. One is a WPR to the back- you can see her tail. I am most interested the breed of the black chicken with darkening legs (left)and the white chicken with dark feathers developing around her neck. She also has greenish yellow legs. OK experts what do you think?
    Thanks y'all.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/42665_070.jpg[/img]g]

2. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Quote:The dark one on the left is either a barred rock or Cuckoo Marans. I can't really see good leg color in the pic. Barred Rock legs should be yellow. I am not sure on the white one. I think the other may be a silver laced Wyandotte.

3. microbiomom

Oct 9, 2009
    South Alabama
    Leg color on the black left chicken has some dark- not solid yellow like my possible WPR and BRP. I had hoped she was an Australorp. She is a nice chicken that doesn't mind being handled much. Could the white chicken with darkening feathers on her hackles be a Delaware? Thanks again. I am so in the dark, but loving the journey with the chicks.

4. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    Yup.Barred Rock,Silver Laced Wyandotte and Delaware

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  5. microbiomom

Oct 9, 2009
    South Alabama
    COOL! My dark BPR and possible Delaware are the quickest to "get it". So then my barred other chicken with solid yellow legs and a light color bottom may be another BPR? Y'all are so great even though I sent a less than great photo.

6. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Quote:I see from the left going clockwise the dark barred is a Black sex-link roo, Wt. Rock, Delaware, and the one in front looks to be a Silver-laced Wyandotte.

catdaddy

7. microbiomom

Oct 9, 2009
    South Alabama
    EEK! A ROO? Not in town. I paid for pullets so I wouldn't need to make those decisions. The catalog description said the assortment could include
    "Rhode Island Red, Speckled Sussex, Australorp, Red Star, Black Star, Buff Orpington, Naked Neck, Salmon Faverolle, Dominique, Barred Plymouth Rock, White Plymouth Rock, Delaware, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Columbian Wyandotte, Black Jersey Giant... "
    I would think a black sex-linked would be pretty easy to avoid for a pullet order. I guess that would be the ... in the order description. With these varieties when should roos be easily discerned?
    Thank you.

8. hangin'witthepeeps

hangin'witthepeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Colbert, GA
    Left: Barred Rock Pullet (yellow legs with black wash)
    Back: Columbian Wyandotte Pullet (flat comb)
    Front: Sliver Laced Wyandotte Pullet

I have 9 week old from My Pet Chickens and they look like a couple of mine.

9. microbiomom

Oct 9, 2009
    South Alabama
    I'm not hyperventilating now.
    Thanks
    Still have 2 more- another BPR and, I think, a RIR.
    This forum has been so helpful to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by