4.5 week olds wont shut up.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by suzyq53511, May 16, 2010.

1. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    They have food and water and its 70 degrees in their brooder. I gave them some treats earlier. I dont understand whats up with them. Please help!

2. Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny Chillin' With My Peeps

maybe they wanna go outside? like my babies [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I bet they would be much happier outside.

4. MiniBeesKnees

MiniBeesKnees Chillin' With My Peeps

Want more treats.

5. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Its a little chilly here still. I also dont have power in my garage at the moment for a lamp! They finally quieted down though...... THANK GOD!!!

I have a run for them outside for during the day and the coop is almost finished!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Backyard_Chicken_rancher

Backyard_Chicken_rancher Chillin' With My Peeps

They are 4.5 weeks old they want/need more room so they need to be outside besides if they are bugging you with their peeping you need to put them outside mine did/do it all the time (the ones I have in brooder right now) it is normal it is like a child crying they are learning they have a voice and like to hear it all the time so yes it is normal but if weather permits I would put them outside I always put mine out into the grow out pen when they are 4 weeks old so they can get used to being out in the coop but I live in Texas so the weather is always right for me to do that....

Good luck to you

7. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I live in wisconsin its 52 degrees right now and no electricity in the garage for a couple weeks..... they go out during the day.

There is also a brooder next to them with 10 little babies...the sorta peep back and i've noticed.

8. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    have any of you ever tried playing music different kinds to see what reactions you get?

I found mine like relaxing native american indian music the drumming and flute type of music , some times with the sound of rain in the background.
    They get really quiet then nod off while its playing.

9. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Hey that works with my 2 yo!!! I am so going to try that!

10. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    At about that age mine all got really noisy at bedtime. They still do get loud at bedtime. It's like little kids at bedtime with the "must keep moving, must keep moving" mentality. They go in the coop, out of the coop, in the coop, out for a drink of water, back in the coop to fight for roost space... it goes on and on until they finally all find a spot that is agreeable. The process is very loud and chirpy. [​IMG]

If they are going out to play all day and are only loud at night then it might just be the bedtime crazies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by