4-6 guineas and peachick are sleeping outside.

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by LCwilson, Oct 27, 2009.

1. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] this is the first time my peachick has slept outside. never before and i cant exactually understand why she would pick a cold night with rain to sleep outside. 1 guinea is sleeping way out in the field in a tree. 1 of my oldest female guineas is in the weeds in the field(YIKES! [​IMG] [​IMG]). 3-4 guineas are in a locust tree along with my peachick. the peachick is the highest in the tree so she is really the safest but then again none of them are safe w/ all the predators. please pray for them that they will all make it tonight. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:fl [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

IM SO SCARED FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND IM SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
  2. cheirogloss

cheirogloss Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2009
    Lenoir, NC
    Sending guinea and peachick prayers your way. I completely understand the fear. I lost my roo to an attack in the coop last week and every night since at least one hen roosted in a tree and never was heard from again. Last night, none of the chickens would go back in and all were super high up in the trees. I didn't sleep at all last night listening for chicken noises and preparing to assist with fire power if necessary. We lost one hen. They don't feel safe in the coop, they definately aren't safe outside the coop. I believe in every animal's right to life, but when a pred threatens my chickens I find it hard to let them live.

3. LCwilson

LCwilson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    southeastern ohio
    exactually. i agree 100% to the last sentence!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by