4.6 oz EGG!!!!! Who Laid it?

Germaine_11.20

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
Idaho
I promise that this is really a hens egg. I found it in the coop nest box that is about 4 feet up. I thought one of the family was playing a trick on me, but they aren't.

I have no dead or limping chicken and I don't recognize the color either. It is a white egg with just the slightest pink tinge to it.

I have Turkens, Polish and Faverolles that haven't laid yet and I am not sure of the color. What breed could have laid this egg?

Here is the 4.6 egg and I took pics with a goose egg freshly laid today, a pekin duck egg, a BCMarans egg and a banty egg.

33539_dscn4798.jpg

33539_dscn4801.jpg

33539_dscn4802.jpg

33539_dscn4805.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pink egg, favorelle...
love.gif
my favorelles... they have always been my fav... and sometimes you will get them with purple speckles. They lay the most gorgeous eggs.

Actually it could be a Turken. I thought my Barred Turken was a Roo so I put it in an isolation cage because I was busy and yesterday the DH laughed and said that the roo was not a roo, it had laid an egg and it was white.

I was wondering about the Faverolle. I have never seen her in the nestbox and she is pretty old. Probably 30 weeks at least.

I checked and it is way under the record egg of 12 oz!!!!

I am going to incubate it!!! I know it won't hatch but whoa, what if it did?

If you incubate it, just remember that you will most likely have to help the chick(s) out of the shell. If there are multiples they will be too confined to pip on their own. So you'll have to wait until 21-22 days and start opening the egg yourself. So read up on it, there are some excellent posts on it, and some video's on youtube.

Laney

Wow I never knew that about turkens. They are always listed under the tinted eggs with hatcheries. I guess if you got them from a breeder or something though. Cool.

Oh sheesh, in my over excitement (could you tell) I failed to remember that I don't have a Roo in the layers coop!!! Oh well....

Back
Top Bottom