4 and 5 toed Silkie chicks

Dcarey

Chirping
Apr 18, 2021
So I purchased some Silkie chicks from a lady that’s local and I noticed they had poopy feet when I had gotten them home so while I was washing their feet I decided to look at their toes and noticed that out of the 3 one had 4 toes on each foot and the other two had 4 on one foot and 5 on the other. I’m wondering if this is going to become a problem for them as they grow? Or is there anything I need to watch out for in general?

These are TSC Silkies. I had the same thing on my TSC Silkie roosters. It never proved to be a problem for them. :)

This is a link to the lady’s ad on Craigslist https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/grd/d/acworth-baby-chicks-silkies-sizzles/7367519114.html
It has a lot of photos of the birds she’s had and her breeding stock.
So I don’t need to worry really? So far the only thing they seem to have trouble doing is the rip and tear with their feet while foraging. They can’t seem to catch anything with their feet to move it
I think you're chicks will be fine. Mine were with no issues. :)

Looks like the breeder has frizzles and satins, which are usually introduced by adding bantam cochins in somewhere along the way. Would explain why some have 4 toes. Does not matter for pets. I personally would not use them for breeding, but they will get along just fine.🙂

Back
Top Bottom