4 babies, 4 guesses...........

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by emjay, Sep 16, 2010.

1. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    I am guessing/hoping, 3 of the 4 are pullets. The black and white - ROO

I am iffy on the white and grey one, I am hoping it's a pullet.......fingers crossed.

they are 6 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    The two brown with gold neck EEs are pullets. I am leaning toward pullet on the gray one as well. The black and white looks like a roo to me. Is the other a GLW? Is it supposed to be a pullet because I am not to sure on that one.

3. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    no, they are all EE"s.

no purebreeds in this group.

4. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    "It" has a piercing stare to it! Makes me think roo, but hopefully someone else will come and disagree with me.

5. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    yes, I hope someone comes along and says it is NOT a roo as well.

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    LOVE the pile-up! [​IMG]

The only definite cockerel there is that black and white one with the tiny bit of red in his wings. Otherwise, the neat colored blue-white one is iffy. How does its comb look?

7. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    it's comb is small, slight pink, not as red as the black and white, pinker then the two orange pullets, it's in the middle. It is out of my blue EE,
    last spring I hatched out three siblings to this one, one was a blue pullet, one a blue roo (obviously both were blue as wee chicks) and one was similarily colored to this baby as a wee chick, but, the other baby got brown and lots of it, in its feathering as it aged. It had more brown coloring by this age (6 weeks). So this color is throwing me off, it's face/eyes aren't screaming roo, but, I'm not sure.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  8. emjay

Sep 6, 2009
    anybody else care to make a guess on the blue/white one. or is it still too soon. I find the babies this go around are easier for me to distinguish gals from the guys. Except this one !!!!!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by