4+ Black Crevecoeur eggs WA STATE, will trade! SOLD!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

This next batch will ship Tuesday or Wednesday.

4+ Black Crevecoeur eggs (these are standards)

These are paired together in a separate coop & will be purebred birds. These are from nice stock and are very rare birds.

I'm asking $17 shipped for these. (PayPal only)

I will also consider some trades for the following eggs:

chocolate or chocolate pied muscovies
    SQ or VERY nice breeder-quality bantam salmon faverolles
    SQ or VERY nice breeder-quality Light Brahmas (I got my MIL addicted to birds now, too--so I'm going to set her up with some of these & some of my others)
    SQ or VERY nice breeder-quality light sussex
    Pilgrim geese
    Shetland geese
    buff geese

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]

Good luck .. someone on here is gonna be a happy camper

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Thanks! I should add that I have had 100% fertility & 100% hatch rate (out of four eggs) I tested at home...and boy, are the chicks adorable! All black, with little poofed heads! LOL

4. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Hi Equibling,

I've been trying to find a good source for nice looking, vigorous Crevecoeurs... where did you get your original stock? Am curious. So far, have been pointed to Urch / Turnland poultry, and to Sandhill Preservation Center. Have chicks coming from Sandhill in a few weeks! Tried eggs from Urch but had some bad luck with that hatch.

Anyway, it sounds like the breed is in trouble, and good birds are hard to find,

Best - exop

5. Rare Feathers Farm

I actually bought mine from a fellow BYC'er. I am not sure where they came from but they are very good looking birds. I did have a slight issue with the rooster being aggressive towards me--but a quick hosing & grabbing/packing him around for 45 minutes seems to have cured that. [​IMG] The hen is very sweet...I've heard mixed things about Sandhill's stock but I did order three Creves from them along with my spanish chicks that are coming in July...

6. exop

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Would it be ok to ask who? [​IMG] I'm trying to do this the right way, and find out as much as possible about the background of birds and different strains.

How are they for size? [​IMG]

Best - exop

7. exop

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Equibling - wow! I just saw on your website that you are working with Mottled Houdans. [​IMG] This is another project of mine. I've had trouble finding nice Houdans, as well; what have you found with your Houdans? Do you recommend any particular breeders or sources?

Best - exop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by