4 BO and one NH pullets or roos?

ChickChick0811

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 16, 2011
So I am very new at chickens and need some BYC help
big_smile.png
I have 3 BO that were born on April 11th and a BO and NH born on April 20th. It might still be to early to tell, but I thought I would take a chance. I think the NH is a roo and I'm really hoping the rest are hens. What do you guys think?

Picture # 1
NH on the right BO on the left. Both born on April 20th

92032_img_9812.jpg

Picture #2
BO born on April 11th

92032_dsc09418.jpg

Picture #3 BO born April 11th

92032_dsc09417.jpg

Picture #4
BO born April 11th

92032_dsc09428.jpg

Picture #5
All together outside

92032_dsc09427.jpg

The NH is always standing as if he is watching the rest. His comb is larger and a bit more red, but maybe it's the breed? This is a picture of what I mean...
92032_dsc09440.jpg

Hard to tell there still kinda young~ but the one in the middle in the last picture kinda reminds me of one of my roo's. And his legs look thick! But I would get some more individual pictures of their face, legs and feathers and it may be easier for people to give you some guesses!
big_smile.png

88786_011.jpg

These are my babies at about that age they may be about a week or two older. But you can see the stature of the two boys they are the ones with the darker red combs~ and silly me I keep hoping they could turn out to be girls
lau.gif

None of mine have such red combs, but they could be late bloomers?! lol The only one I think is a roo is the NH, but seeing I'm a first timer I could be way wrong! They are all so sweet and are always all over us. They are all very fond of my daughter too
love.gif

92032_dsc09425.jpg

92032_dsc09444.jpg

Quote:
You are absolutely right! You very well may have all hens~ and to that I say you are very lucky
big_smile.png
These are the sweetest chickens! They are good with all our pets and they absolutely love to cuddle. They run free in the backyard during the day with our two dogs and when I walk outside they just come running up to me! And the funny thing it's always the boys first... I think they are sweeter than the girls if that's possible! Have fun and enjoy them~ your daughter is adorable to!!
big_smile.png

One Big Happy Family!
88786_028.jpg

Tiffanyg2 Funny thing is someone told me the same thing with the roos being more friendlier than the hens. That is why I was so worried! They all fly up to the top of their brooder box and sit with me the second I remove the lid. I'm hoping I have 4 hens and 1 rooster though. I had hatched 16, but these were my daughters favorite. We did it for a friend who didn't have time to rotate the eggs in the incubator so I said I would do it. The rest went to live with my friend the other day, but my daughter begged us to keep these ones.

Back
Top Bottom