4 chickies

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Dirtyhip, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Dirtyhip

Dirtyhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    Sorry about the picture quality. My back bathroom is like red dawn with the heat light. I took these fast, as to prevent stressing them out. It must be difficult for them to get taken from the store and transported home in a box and then given a new place to reside. Regardless, I think I am in love.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. instar8

instar8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    N.IN
    what kind are they? They look about 5-6 days old?

3. Dirtyhip

Dirtyhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    2 Americanas and 2 Rhodes. I wasn't sure of the age. Thanks. I bought them at my local Grange coop.

It will be a mixed flock. I have plenty of space for them too. 200 sq feet of range and 32 sq foot coop in the making.

4. instar8

Jun 30, 2011
    N.IN
    It's amazing how quickly chickie-babies just accept the stuff you put in for them...collective intelligence?

5. instar8

Jun 30, 2011
    N.IN
    Maybe a week...i have 5 close to that age. 2 Barnevelders, 2 Marans/Ameraucana mix, 1 white Am. Wish i could post some pics, but my pc crashed awhile back and i can't find my Canon start-up disk...-

6. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Your Ameracunas look just like mine did at that age. They grow VERY fast! My DH and I were laughing at how they went from cute little chickie to "bad hair day" teenagers. I love each stage so far. Have fun they are Beautiful [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by