** 4 Day AUCTION ** 18+ PURBRED COCHIN BANTAM Assortment from 11 VARIETIES ** NPIP ** Arkansas

luckypickens

Songster
9 Years
Aug 20, 2010
Danville, AR
You are bidding on
18+ ASSORTED PUREBRED SHOW QUALITY COCHIN BANTAM
fertile hatching eggs from
11 VARIETIES
of our sweet colorful birds listed below!
Auction ends SUNDAY night 1.22.12...8pm CST.
POST TO BID... DO NOT PM.

Bidding starts at $25.00 and goes up in increments of .50 cents,
Shipping is $15.00 sent 2-3 day Priority Mail
I will gather fresh eggs and ship on any date you wish and we except payments with MO or Paypal. I date all my eggs the day they are gathered so you know how fresh they are, but no eggs are shipped over 4 days old unless they are extra eggs. I can't guarantee how many from each pen or what color variety you get in the assortment, but I promise you will get a nice variety of colors which you will really enjoy watching bloom into colors as they grow!

Cochin Bantams are the most sweetest docile birds you will ever be around. Great for kids of all ages and 4-H poultry projects as well! I have SEVERAL that are just total pets and follow me around the yard like a dog. They are my all time favorite bantam! They are great layers, but really prefer being broody or taking care of chicks. We use them and Sizzles to hatch all of our Midget White Turkey eggs. The Cochins love getting all the attention on our farm they get a lot of it from us and all who visit us!

At Lucky Pickens Farm we've been raising poultry for over 50 years and strive to raise high quality birds for show or just for pets. All birds on our farm are blood tested Pullorum/Typhoid clean. We see that our birds are kept happy and healthy by giving them the very best feed and TLC daily! We strive to breed to the Standard of Perfection on each breed we raise and all are purebred and kept in individual breeding pens away from predators. We feed a high quality, high protein all natural game bird breeder pellet with vitamins and minerals in the water daily to insure high fertility. We also feed a little scratch grains, Calf Manna and veggie treats which Gary grows in his garden. We LOVE spoiling our birds and it shows! You can see more photos of them on our website below. We are always happy to answer any questions about them and if you see some you like feel free to email me if you wish to place a special order of any variety you might like.

I have Fibromyalgia and can't work. My chickens are my therapy that keep me going, selling a few hatching eggs helps me buy feed for my little feathered loved ones.
I gather several times a day to keep the eggs from getting to hot or to cold, to insure they are fresh and fertile for you. Eggs are dated and turned three times a day and stored in a chilled temperature controlled room to assure you the best possible hatch. All eggs are coded on which pen they come from and are no more than four/five days old when shipped. This insures the eggs are stronger to handle the shipping.

Eggs are usually fairly clean, but may contain occasional soiling. I do not wash eggs but will brush of excess soiling if present. Washing can contaminate the eggs and may decrease hatch rate.
Shipping is $15.00 sent 2-3 day Priority Mail, which besides postage also covers bubble wrap, tape and gas. Eggs are wrapped individually in a long strip of bubble wrap then nestled and secured in LOTS of crumpled newspaper and box is clearly marked FRAGILE HATCHING EGGS and also happy to mark box any way you like as well. I've had very good success shipping this way. I pack and ship they way I would like my eggs shipped with lots of packing!

WE HAVE HAD AN EXCELLENT HATCH RATE HERE ON THE FARM THIS YEAR AND SET EGGS WEEKLY FROM EACH PEN WEEKLY TO KEEP A CHECK ON FERTILITY. WE HAVE HAD GREAT REPORTS FROM OUR SHIPPED EGGS AS WELL, HOWEVER WE CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR HATCH RATE DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES OUT OF OUR CONTROL. ROUGH POSTAL HANDLING, INCUBATOR MISHAPS AND EVEN DIRTY HANDS TURNING EGGS WILL MAKE PERFECTLY FERTILE EGGS NOT DEVELOP OR HATCH. PURCHASING SHIPPED HATCHING EGGS IS A RISK, SO PLEASE BE UNDERSTANDING AND KNOW THIS WHEN PURCHASING HATCHING EGGS!

THANK YOU for looking at our birds,
God Bless and Good Luck hatching from Lucky Pickens Farm!

Roslyn & Gary Pickens

** NPIP certified #71-0380 **
** AR Private PT tester #P601 **
** Paypal address... [email protected] **
** http://community.webshots.com/user/luckypickens **

Eggs will come from these Cochin Bantam pens...

1. ** CALICO/MILLE pen includes a F4 Calico/Mille Fleur rooster "Winchester" with 2- F3 Calico/Mille Fleur Cochin Bantam hens, 1- F1 Mottled/Calico hen "Ms Bibs". My rooster and one of the Mille hens came from Lynne Wingshadows Hacienda in CA. She has been working on the Mille Fleur variety in Cochin Bantams for several years and has some awesome birds. I bought the other 2 hens who are hatched from her eggs. In the pen now also is a Calico/Mille rooster "Dakota" and 5 more hens I hatched and raise from all above. I have been hatching some really pretty chicks from these all and they by far are my favorites! (Egg code CMC)

2. ** BUFF COLUMBIAN pen includes a Buff Columbian rooster "Sonny Boy" with 2 nice Buff Columbian hens, 2 Blue Columbian hens and 1 Blue Wheaten hen . All in this pen are some I have hatched and raised from a line I developed myself and all are very nice color and type. (Egg code BFCC)

3. ** BLACK MOTTLED pen includes a Black Mottled rooster "Wizard" I hatched and raised from a black mottled pair "Oreo" and "Ms Bibs". With Wizard are 4 really nice Black Mottled hens, all have heavily feathered feet and nice pretty round buns. (Egg code MTC)

4. ** BLUE & SPLASH pen includes a colorful Splash rooster "Lucky" with 2 Black hens and 2 Splash hens. Chicks will be Blue and Splash. (Egg code BSC)

5. ** BLUE MOTTLED pen includes a colorful Blue Mottled rooster "Chester" who is out of Calico breeding and shows a few hints of red showing throughout his body now, so chicks could come out Blue Calico as well. With him is 1 Blue hen and 1 Splash hen. (Egg code BMTC)

6. ** LEMON BLUE pen includes a Lemon Blue rooster "Prince" who is just gorgeous with a hint of metallic lemon gold in his hackles. Which is just beautiful in contrast to his dark blue base coloring with lighter splash coloring in his wings and tail. With him is a Lemon Splash hen "Goldilocks" with her golden coloring in her hackles against the lighter splash coloring it is easy to see how she gets her name! Also in the pen is Lemon Blue pullet "PJ" that I hatched and raised from them. All are great type with very full buns, with a very unique coloring which so far the chicks I have hatched from them look just like them. (Egg code LBC)

7. ** BLUE BARRED pen includes a beautiful Black Barred rooster "Bubba" with "Skyler" a beautiful Splash hen. Chicks could be either Blue or Blue Barred. (Egg code BARC)

8. ** SILVER LACED pen includes "Bruce Almighty" and my sweetheart "Lacie". They are two of my favorite birds and are throwing some really nice clean laced chicks. With them now are 2 pullets I have raised from them and they are all laying really well now. I also have added 2 White hens to get a start on Columbian Cochins. (Egg code SLC)

9. ** BLACK SPLIT TO LAVENDER pen. I bred and raised these from my show blacks bred from a Lavender rooster I hatched last summer from shipped eggs from Bill Clegg in GA. Pen includes "Cupid" the rooster and 3 hens, "Valentine, Candy and Sweetheart" They all got their names from being hatched on Valentine's Day LOL! All are just as sweet as can be and LOVE and demand all the attention! All are really nice type that hopefully will produce better type and feather quality lavenders. I have been hatching both black and lavender chicks now and they are maturing out very nice so far. (Egg code B/LC)

10. ** RED pen includes a nice dark mahogany Red rooster "Rusty" with 3 lovely hens "Lucy, Ethel and Betty". (Egg code RC)

11. ** WHITE pen includes a White rooster "Rocky" and a White hen "Crystal", both just beautiful round white balls. (WC)

"Winchester, Callie and Lilo" my first Calico Mille Cochin Bantams

My calico mille pen Duke the rooster on the left towards the middle is now out and in his own pen for mottled reds.

A few of my Calicos I have hatched in 2011...Duke looks more red mottled so is now with a red hen to work on red mottleds.

"Rusty and Ethel" again breeding for the lovely reds.

"Lacie"

"Bruce Almighty"

A 4 month old Silver Laced pullet.

"Ms Bibs" one of my favorites I bought from Sackman. She has had lots of pretty babies for me.

"Wizard" who is out of Oreo and Ms Bibs below. Wizard is now with some mottled hens of his own.

"Champion" he won Best Feathered Legged and a few other ribbons at the Arkansas State Fair in 2009. My blacks are from him as well as some blues and splash.

"Blue Belle" a blue hen from my show quality blacks, another one of my favorite girls!

"Sonny Boy" Buff Columbian cockerel with a few of his girls.

"Cloud" one of our Blue Columbian hens is now in with Sonny Boy.

A few of our chicks we are raising from our eggs.

A few newborn chicks

FEEDBACK
------------------------
Hi all I bought a dozen and a half cochin bantam eggs and she sent extra's. I had 20 count it 20 hatch out of a dozen and extras. This by far the best eggs I have bought and had shipped.. Just out standing!!! The chicks are so darn cute with there feathered legs and toes!!! GREAT!!!! GREAT!! person to buy from!! Thank you!!

Last edited by Bare bottom farm (07/26/2011 2:33 pm)
~~~Bare Bottom Farm~~~ Tracy ~~~~
-----------------------
Dear luckypickens,

11 eggs developing wonderfully....thank you so much...will send pictures when they hatch...thanks again...cindy
- cscheepsma
----------------------
Dear luckypickens,

I just wanted to let you know that 8 out of 12 little babies hatched yesterday! And they are some of the cutest chick I have ever had!! Several different colors!! Just wanted to say thank you!

Adalie
- adalieecker
----------------------
Dear luckypickens,

I just wanted to touch base and thank you for your great service. I was shocked at how wee-tiny they were. So cute!! I am happy to report that all 14 eggs arrived safe and sound and that upon candling them today, 11 are developing and show visible blood vessels. Only three are not. At this point, you have done everything within your power to give me a great opportunity to hatch these wonderful birds. I will be leaving positive feedback today. I will keep you posted as we approach hatch just so you know how we did. I think getting 11 viable eggs from the 12 I bought is a super deal. Thank you again.

All the best,
Amy
- pontiacbonneville
-----------------------
Dear luckypickens,
I thought you might like to know what colors I hatched.
1.) BCC
2.) B/L
3.) BCC
4.) B/L
5.) PC
6.) MFC
7.) RFC
8.) SFC
9.) PC
10.) MTC (PIPPING OUT AS WE SPEAK)
11.) BCC (NO SIGNS OF PIPPING YET)
12.) LSC (NO SIGNS OF PIPPING YET) *I REALLY HOPE THIS PIPS, IT'S THE ONLY COLOR YOU SENT THAT I WASN'T ABLE TO HATCH AT LEAST ONE OF)
SUCH A GREAT HATCH!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY! MIGHT CONTACT YOU FOR A FEW LEMON SPLASH EGGS LATER IF THIS ONE DOESN'T HATCH. DO YOU HAVE ANY GOLD LACED?

Thanks,
Amy
- pontiacbonneville
---------------------
Dear luckypickens,

Out of the 15 eggs you sent me 7 of them hatched.
I have the following:
2 MTFC
1 RC
1 BFC
1 CMC
1 B/LC
1 MTC
So a 47%~ hatched rate.
Thanks!
California Gurl

I was wondering how well your Calico/Mille pen is laying. I love this color and if it is possible would like to have a lot of the eggs from this pen.

Oh by the way Lacie is just beautiful! I love her lacing.

They are laying but not getting as many since most are molting, just getting a couple a day. When they are back laying good I can do a special order of just them if you like, with this auction though I try to add several from each pen only.

Okay thats fine thank you! I think I will just bid on this auction. Maybe later on this spring I can do a special order on them. All your birds are beautiful!

So i will start at 25!

Okay thats fine thank you! I think I will just bid on this auction. Maybe later on this spring I can do a special order on them. All your birds are beautiful!

So i will start at 25!

I will refrain from bidding against a fellow Missourian. LOL! (AND my bator is full) BUT, Lucky's birds are AMAZING. Great hatch rate, and just beauties. And so tame!

Good luck to you!

I'll get some more from her later. ;)

Well thanks! Everytime she puts some of these eggs up for auction I have wanted to buy them. I just havent had the money till now. I am already excited about getting them. Lol! I am hoping I win! And I promise if she has another auction later and you bid I wont bid against you!
thumbsup.gif

oooh I'm so jealous!!!!! I would bid if I could. good luck :)

Do you think you will have more eggs in the future or is this all you are gonna have for 2012?

Well thanks! Everytime she puts some of these eggs up for auction I have wanted to buy them. I just havent had the money till now. I am already excited about getting them. Lol! I am hoping I win! And I promise if she has another auction later and you bid I wont bid against you!
thumbsup.gif

Dangit! I was gonna bid on these, but I will not bid against a fellow Missourian. Maybe we could swap eggs sometime, or maybe I could just buy any chicks that you don't need :). Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom