4 day baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Karid148, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Karid148

Karid148 In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2018
    We just brought home 4 4-day old chicks and they've been quiet sleeping under the brooder all afternoon. Anytime I move it they cheep and move and I dip their beaks in the water and food but really they just seem to want to sleep under the brooder. We have a Titan incubator for their heat source and I've lowered and raised it a handful of times. Idk if I'm doing something wrong or to just leave them be.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. chuckachucka

chuckachucka Crowing

Mar 22, 2016
    By four days they are usually a bit more active. They will eat for five to ten minutes and then go back to sleep for half an hour to an hour. It's only the first couple of days that they just seem to constantly sleep. Have you seen them up and about at all? Are they walking well?

3. Karid148

Karid148 In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2018
    They were up and walking just fine in the box on the way home and also do when I take the brooder off of them or take them out

4. chuckachucka

chuckachucka Crowing

Mar 22, 2016
    They sound ok, possibly a little stressed by their new environment. To perk them up a bit try giving them sugar water or poultry vitamins in their water and keep encouraging them to eat by pecking at the food with your finger.

5. Karid148

Karid148 In the Brooder

Apr 3, 2018
    Thanks! I've got the vitamins in their water and will keep doing the food :) thank you

chuckachucka likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: