4 day old baby chick very weak and can't stand - HELP

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ShelleyBurch, Jun 16, 2016.

1. ShelleyBurch

ShelleyBurch Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2015
    We picked up our chickens from the hatchery on Monday and this little one seemed ok. It's now 4 days later and she can't stand and is very weak. I've been holding her all day to keep her close and warm and have given her watered down yogurt through a dropper and also some water with vitamins in it. It's not helping. She keeps falling asleep and having a hard time waking up. I'm able to force the vitamin water and yogurt on her a bit, but she isn't eating on her own. She will chirp occasionally and she has been pooping. She was walking around and acting normal yesterday, so I don't know what is wrong or what to do. Anyone have any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

It sounds like your doing all you can. She would probably be warmer in the brooder than being held though. Was she weak when you first got her or did this just start? Did you check her for pasting up? I'm sure you did, I'm just making sure. Sorry about your chick and I hope she pulls through it.

3. ShelleyBurch

ShelleyBurch Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2015
    She's not going to make it. She's opening and closing her beak and not able to lift her head anymore. I don't know what happened. I'm heartbroken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by