1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

4 double yoker duck eggs!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by DiamondSwan, Apr 5, 2016.

1. DiamondSwan

DiamondSwan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2015
    Georgia
    I got 3 double yoker eggs over the course of 5 days a few weeks ago. The shells were huge! I was kinda wondering before they were cracked. They sure were tasty too! :drool

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About a week ago I got another huge egg. I candled it, and I could see 2 yokes when a move it around a little. It's like a goose egg!!! Here it is compared to one of the normal sized one's I've been getting:

[​IMG]

(It's bigger in person, and weighs about a pound ;) ).

2. HaileyBelle

HaileyBelle Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2013
    Illinois
    I love double yoker eggs! I get so excited when I get them! Yours definitely look big! [​IMG][​IMG]

3. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Georgia

I know right!? It's so exciting! They were very tasty. :D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. mamatink7

mamatink7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2016
    Ohio
    Whew those are dandies!! Congrats to you and the hen. What kind is she and has she done doubles before? Truly a wonder.

5. DiamondSwan

Sep 18, 2015
    Georgia

Thanks! Welsh Harlequin, and I'm not sure which one out of 8 girls. They're 6 months old, and just started laying about a month ago. Those are the only double yokers so far. :D

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by