4 eggs are doing nothing

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Francischick, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Francischick

Francischick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    I did the water test on my last 4 eggs 1 still wiggles how long should I leave in the bator before seeing if it needs help?

2. rosemi78

rosemi78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Ashland, Missouri
    What day are they on?

3. Francischick

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    tomorrow will be day 23.

4. rosemi78

Jan 27, 2013
    Ashland, Missouri
    Are you hearing any chirping, seeing any egg rocking or anything like that? I think the people who know more than I do would most likely say to leave it be for at least one more day, and maybe after that make as small a pip as possible in the air cell area of the egg to check and see if you can spot any life in there. If you can, I've read (a lot) about placing it back in the bator semi-wrapped in a damp paper towel, making sure the pip hole isn't covered. Hopefully someone who knows more will see this and comment soon, though.

Please keep posting any updates. I'll keep my fingers crossed that things work out for you and your chick(s)! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  5. Francischick

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    I put them in a bowl of water and it rocked back and forth only one out of the 4 that is left I am going to give it till tomorrow and see what happens thanks or the info.

6. rosemi78

Jan 27, 2013
    Ashland, Missouri
    What did the other 3 eggs do? I mean - how did they float? Did they sink? Did most of the egg stay above the water? Did they float with just a bit above water? Did you put them back in the bator just in case?

What are your temps and humidity running? What type of incubator? Lol, I'm all questions now.

7. Francischick

Sep 16, 2012
    mississippi
    I am not sure the name of the incubator. Its a older model made of foam. the temp inside is 99.5-100.5 humidity if at 80% they all floated with the tops out of the water. But only one moved or rocked back and fourth I put them all back in the bator.

8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by