My kids and I made a crude homemade bator out of a styrofoam cooler a 40 watt bulb, fan and dimmer switch. We struggled with constant temp fluctuations the entire time. We started with 10 eggs and threw one away after a few days because it was obviously not developing. We could see that seven were developing and not sure about the two others because the shells were to thick to see anything. As of this evening we have had 4 hatch, one on Saturday, day 19, 3 today, 2 of which were on day 20 and the other one, day 19 as we started it a day later. One of those was one of the two that had the thick shells and we were not sure about. Thank goodness we did not give up on it. I have not seen them yet as I am still at the ocean but my kids say that they look healthy. Not bad so far for a first try using a crudely made styrofoam incubator.