4 Free Hens, Coop for sale, pickup only

kkearney1982

Hatching
9 Years
Feb 4, 2010
Syracuse, NY
I have 4 beautiful hens...raised organically (not certified at all, lol), excellent layers, all different breeds (1 buff orpington, 1 black australorp, 1 RI Red/delaware mix (possibly wyandotte), 1 faverolle mix (possibly part bantam)). These girls are friendly, although don't like being chased (what chicken does). They don't mind petting or picking up. They will come with any and all food/grit/alfalfa/shell/etc I have left.

The coop is 4x4, sitting about 18" off the ground, with a latching door and non-latching hinged "window" (covered in chicken wire) in front. The entire back comes down for easy cleaning. It is painted yellow with a brown shingle roof. Inside is one roost pole, (just a 4' long 2x4), and a hook for a waterer. The floor was tiled in linoleum squares, but some of the edge pieces have started to come up. I'll include their nest boxes, although one is used for pottying only apparently (they push it under the roost pole every time and I swear they take turns). It also comes with a hanging feeder (which I usually didn't hang), hanging waterer, heat lamp (requires an extension cord), bulb (red heat lamp, not sure how well it works), and anything else I can find that goes with them. These supplies cost me well over $500 total. I built the coop, and built it onto a hill, so it's not the prettiest piece of construction, but it is sturdy and I have not had an issue with stability or function. No leaks. It is HEAVY--you will need a pickup truck and several strong persons to haul it away. I was hoping to give this to someone local who wanted to start their own chicken-keeping venture. If you free-range, the coop could easily hold 8 or more for nighttime roosting. Since I had to pen my girls (they free-range sometimes), I only had 4. The pen is yours if you want it, but it is falling apart.

Please, someone take them! I love them dearly, but I left them with my ex-spouse for a while, and now I am back but 7.5 months pregnant and cannot properly clean the coop
sad.png
. I don't want them to suffer, especially when I have a newborn to care for.

Back
Top Bottom