4-H chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by zrossk, Dec 16, 2011.

1. zrossk

zrossk Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2011
    Blandon, Pennsylvania
    How do i join the 4-H chicken show club? It is illegal to have chickens where i live, does this mean i can't do the 4-H chicken shows?

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    If it's illegal to have them, then you are headed for trouble if you do get them. I don't know about 4H but I know that plenty of people have posted here about the heartaches and worries once their illegal chickens are reported.

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    If chickens are illegal where you are then I wouldn't show them, you'd be asking to get reported.

4. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    i don't know how it works in other clubs, but with mine we have a sign up sheet at one of the fairs we go to. we always get lots of people who sign on but only a few who actually join. you could try visiting a 4-h county fair sometime and see if you can join one there [​IMG] there is someone in our club who does have chickens of her own so she borrows someone elses for fairs and shows. it works out pretty well. maybe you could do that too!

5. zrossk

Dec 11, 2011
    Blandon, Pennsylvania
    A couple people told me that if i join the 4-H club or FFA i could have, show, and learn about chickens with out being against the law.

6. Toshi

Toshi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    IN corn state
    That is soemthing to ask a 4-H leader, or a 4-H member, maybe you can make friends with soemone who has chickens, and maybe if you know them well enough and you ask if you can show some of their birds...maybe just maybe that will work. [​IMG]

7. zrossk

Dec 11, 2011
    Blandon, Pennsylvania
    Yea maybe, i will call 4-H on monday.

8. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    It doesnt matter what you are doing, they have to be legal where you live in order to keep them

9. zrossk

Dec 11, 2011
    Blandon, Pennsylvania
    yea i guess so. i hate where i live.

10. zrossk

Dec 11, 2011
    Blandon, Pennsylvania
    I wish i could just be around chickens sometimes. noone near me has them because they are illegal [​IMG] i actually know noone with chickens...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by