4-H Regional Poultry School - Voorheesville, NY 4/28/12

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by happyhensny, Jan 25, 2012.

1. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

We will be hosting the Poultry School again this year at Cornell Cooperative Extension in Voorheesville, NY. Here is a copy of the flier. The day is really fun for adults and children. Many wonderful presenters and loads of great information whether you are a beginner chicken keeper or experienced flock owner looking to get into showing.

We will also have a Hatching Egg swap / sale. I am still trying to determine the "rules" for the swap so if anyone has guidelines please let me know.

***Please RSVP to me via PM if you would like to take part in the swap or will have eggs available for sale.

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Annie

2. demp4

demp4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2009
    Central NY
    I so wish this was closer!! It sounds so fun!!!

3. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Me too! My 4H kids would love this!

4. happyhensny

We hope that loads of people are able to come, my kids love it. Fun things to do and hang out with other chick peeps!

5. mathesonfarm

mathesonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    New York
    Hey Annie, I am planning on coming. I would love to learn more about showing our birds. I know the kids will love learning about it as well. We had to push our order back two weeks but they are coming in on Monday; we are all so super excited!
    As far as the swap, I will have to let you know. With everything going on with my swap, I dont want to yet think about another one, lol. I sure once my swap is done and everything goes well, I'll be itching to go to another one, lol.
    Ok, well, I will talk to you soon. ~Nikki~

6. mathesonfarm

Nov 17, 2010
    New York
    Oh yeah, is there an admission fee or is it free?

7. happyhensny

There is no fee, absolutely FREE! Please come over and bring friends. The swap will be very low-key. Bring a dozen-take a dozen basically. We will be having a game too, it is called Poultry bowl. The kids/adults will answer questions about poultry keeping on the idea of Jeopardy.

8. mathesonfarm

Nov 17, 2010
    New York
    YAY! So excited! The Poultry Bowl is going to be fun. I cant wait

9. happyhensny

I just spoke with my friend that will be talking about the housing. He is also a carpenter and has hand-made poultry crates and nest boxes available for purchase. They are beautiful and durable.

10. mathesonfarm

Nov 17, 2010
    New York
    I started a new job, actually 2 but when I got asked what days I am not available, I put down April 21st and April 28th, lol. I am not missing this for nothing! And, obviously cant miss my own egg swap, lol. Man, it's right around the corner!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by