1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    Is anyone else here in 4-H?

2. chicken boy sam

Dec 21, 2009
    I would like to find other people that are in 4-H so then i can learn how to show.

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Sam, I'm the superintendent in WI, what you want to know, do you all ready have your birds or will be getting some

4. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Hi. My DD is in 4H here in Virginia. How long have you been in the club?

5. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    And do you do layers or broilers? It's a totally different type of showing. My son does broilers.

6. chicken boy sam

Dec 21, 2009
    I do layers and I've been in 4-H for about a year and have 1 white crested black polish, 1 white bearded polish, 1 black bearded polish, 6 white leghorns, 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 buff orpington, 1 buff bantam Cochin, and 1 partridge rock. I want to show the cochin and polish because they're the nicest.

7. chicken boy sam

Dec 21, 2009
    I need to know the parts of the chickens and the breed specifics. Hopefully for christmas, I will get the APA standard book which would help.

8. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    do you have the booklets from 4-h, plus you can go on the 4-h web site for info, and links, alot of the collages have the info you are looking for, Wisconsin for one

9. chicken boy sam

Dec 21, 2009
    i don't have the 4-H booklets but i do have access to the website. Thanks, also what do you think is the best breed for showing? (calmest, nice looking)

10. JimWWhite

JimWWhite Chillin' With My Peeps

I used to be. A long, long time ago in another galaxy, far, far away... I remember I was in the fifth grade when I was in 4-H. Best three years of my life. The fifth grade, that is... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by