4 Happy Hens in January *pics*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pharm Girl, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    It gets pretty wet here in Oregon, so I asked a friend with a Ponderosa Pine tree if I could have some bags of needles. Surprise, surprise, he didn't turn me down! Here are the ladies spreading it about for me. It should cover the dirt for a bit and give them some winter excitement. Now don't they look happy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    Pretty girls.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Ah, yes, pine needle patrol! Ain't no telling what those girls can find in there!

4. CathyM

CathyM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Yes, they're so helpful about "spreading" the dry stuff... I'm in wet Oregon also, and I have bales of dry straw for the pen... and the girls immediately start digging it up, expecting, I suppose, that there's a treasure underneath it! [​IMG] Still... it's not snowing, and after seeing some of the forum photos, I am so glad!! [​IMG]

5. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    They're so pretty. Your buff is a nice bright buff! They look like they're having fun with that straw.

6. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Quote:Amen to that! I complain about Oregon weather, but I'm plenty happy to skip over the snow and ice, yet we can drive up a mountain and be in that at a moments notice!

7. axion_lotus

axion_lotus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Central NC
    They certainly look really happy in all those pine needles. [​IMG]

*sigh*, the things that amuse chickens. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by