4 Hens in SF In Need of New Home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Meryl 'peep, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Meryl 'peep

Meryl 'peep In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2017
    San Francisco, CA
    Looking for a new home for 4 happy hens currently located in San Francisco. Sadly, a combination of moving to a new place and needing to take care of my mom who is ill means I have to give them up. They are a little over 2 years old, and are very good layers (though right now they are molting.)

Located in San Francisco. Contact me if interested.

20180617-_A7R7110.jpg 20180617-_A7R7162.jpg

BlueBaby and BirdsBeesTrees like this.
  2. diamondsilkies

diamondsilkies Songster

Oct 23, 2017
    Southern Arizona
    Beautiful pictures (and birds)! Unfortunately I don't live near you, otherwise, I'd come get them in a heartbeat!
    :love

Meryl 'peep likes this.
  3. Nadrina

Nadrina Hatching

Oct 13, 2019
    I too need to find a home for my male pekin/rouen.
    He is 5 months old and even though full grown, he is a big baby. His name is Fossil. We live in Michigan. Contact [email protected] IMG_20191002_174515.jpg

4. EYeager

EYeager In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2019
    Hello,
    Let me start with--- I am so sorry about your mother's health.
    I live in the foothills near Sacramento. I can take them if no one else closer to you expresses interest. I wanted to give you some options. Maybe we can meet somewhere half way.
    We have a large area where our 7 female alpacas cruise and the 13 hens and 2 roosters are in the same area. We are vegetarian, so you don't have to worry about ulterior motives.
    Let me know if I can help you. Best wishes.

Meryl 'peep likes this.
  5. Meryl 'peep

Meryl 'peep In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2017
    San Francisco, CA
    Thank you so much! I'll let you know. I may have someone in Los Gatos able to take three of them, but if that falls through or if they don't want the 4th one, I'll keep you in mind! I think it'd be great for them to get more space!

6. EYeager

EYeager In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2019
    Sounds good. Wishing you luck

7. AsaDotJava

AsaDotJava Songster

Oct 7, 2019
    Northern California
    If EYeager cannot take them either for some reason, they are welcome to come here :) They'd be integrated in with our sweet roo and two Icelandic laying hens. We are a bit northeast of San Francisco (near Napa).

EYeager likes this.
  8. EYeager

EYeager In the Brooder

Sep 30, 2019
    I think I'm Plan C--- if nothing else works out I can meet her.
    I'm the emergency brake.
    Sounds like she has some great options.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: