4 hens need a new home near Garden City, Mi

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by glynnhoo, Feb 23, 2014.

1. glynnhoo

glynnhoo Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hello, I have been trying for a few months to re home my laying hens and the weather has conspired against me. I had 5, and one passed due to the cold. I need to find a proper home for them where they can do what they do best....lay gorgeous eggs!
    I have 2 Americana and 2 Gold Crested Polish. They have become very attached to each other since our Mamma Hen passed, so they need to go together and stay together.

I live in Garden City, about 6 miles north of 94 & 6 miles west of 275. I can meet you or bring them to you, but I need to know they are safe and warm.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    mm, mm !! dont know why your having a hard time rehoming them. i would almost consider the ride. lol 300 miles away. it died from the cold or it had a cold?

3. Okay my mom really wants them and won't give them up. She want to meet tonight after 6. We can meet half way to.

4. tggfdearborn

tggfdearborn New Egg

Feb 23, 2014
    Dearborn, MI
    We run a sustainable organic farm in Dearborn at Crowley Park. We would definitely be interested in hens for eggs.

5. glynnhoo

May 3, 2013
    I sent you a message tggfdearborn

6. glynnhoo

May 3, 2013
    Thank you everyone...I think I have re homed my birds. I'm really lucky to have a group like you....Even though I have no chickens, I'll continue to look in and see every ones birds. Good luck to all!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by