4 Hens To Good Home/ Prefer A Farm

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PIO-PIO, Dec 27, 2010.

1. PIO-PIO

PIO-PIO Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    POINCIANA, FL
    I have 4 hens that need to go to a good home. These have been our pets for the last 2 years, so they are NOT for food. We moved the coop and found termites have taken it over and we just cannot replace it at this time. they are a blk austrolorp(Pixie), a buff orphinton(Tinker), a white rock(Ming-Ming) and a RIR(Buffy). all except for the RIR have a great temperment. The RIR acts as the flock protector so she just needs put bk in place every now and then. I am in Poinciana village 7. I am completely willing to deliver them if needed and also to see where they will call home. please let me know if anyone is willing to take on my birds. I would prefer a farm or someplace where they can have more space than my little backyard.

thank you
    Heather

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PM coming to you

Missing in picts is the new sand the new perches, and the emergency cage has a new top.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Wow, FireTigeris, nice digs! I hope the four hens go to live with you! I'm sure they'll be loved and spoiled. [​IMG]

4. FireTigeris

They sure will be.

The Roos are

Fiesta - pictured (EE/Ameracanua - missing only beard/muffs)
    The General - (nearly solid black, white earlobes feathered feat- poor feathering)

Hens are:

Henny Penny (GLW)
    Major Black (GJ)
    The Triplets (black and white laced/crested- bantam)
    The Twins (Generic EE red partridge)
    Blue
    Blue II (Blu Two)
    Snow White (crested, red leakage crested bantam)
    Copper (Dark um.. they go broody... she has tan eggs with speckles when she's laying... not fluffy...she has a post in the WBOGIT (what breed or gender) forum)
    Runner ("Yellow" partridge EE)
    Taz (Brown partridge EE)

They are all loved. Thanks for the nice comment. Human Error is the only way these guys are ever in danger- even most snakes and rodents are excluded.

5. FireTigeris

Update?

6. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    I am over in winter haven, fl. About 40 mins or so from you right under lakeland , fl.

I have a bunch of PET hens who have their own enclosed run & coop. I would be more than happy to take them for you! They will be pets, nothing is eatin at our place but eggs.

My yard isn't HUGE but they have a very nice setup................ spoiled with yogurt, green treats, worms picked from under the block by my 2 boys & more.

My run is about 2x the size of the pictures below but the coop is a little smaller, it has 3 nest boxes. They would be in with 1 rooster(ameraucana) & about 8 ladies. I have some that i am putting in the new coop & run that is being built next to the goat pen. If you go on www.sillysliceofheaven.webs.com you can kinda see the coop & run. we opened the back (had bantans) to give the large fowl a larger run & a covered space to run if any hawks try to mess iwth them.

They are gaurded by my chicken lover dog. Our first 2 chickens slept with him under a lounge every night..LOL. he has killed 4 possums trying to get into my yard! GOOD DOGGIE

7. FireTigeris

You are closer if you have enough room.

Lets wee what Pio-Pio wants to do-

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  8. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    It's all good! If you have your heart set on them & wanna drive down then by all means...............

I love your set up, very cute! I am not a big farm but i consider myself a suburban farm.....lol.

9. FireTigeris

I have a one year old, I was hoping to meat in daytona... you don't have to inconvenience Pio-Pio.

Its a four(ish) hour trip from Pio-pio to me (depending on I-4 traffic)

I love the picts of the goats and your kids.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by