4-Hers Chat!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Chicky Mama, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    Hi love the site and have since told our club about it. I wondered if there would be intrest in an area for 4-H peeps to chat and whatnot. I know there's quite a few of us out here.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2009
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We'll look into it if there is enough interest. For now, you could start a 4-H topic in an appropriate section and invite others to participate to get things going.

3. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I would LOVE to learn more about 4-H.
    I have 2 boys that I am wanting to join

4. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    2 of my boys (12 and 13) just finished their 1st year in 4-H and loved it! My 15 year old is joining this year. Our group is called Fancy Feathers. In case anyone is interested in seeing some of the things we will be doing this coming year this is the club's website: www.freewebs.com/fancyfeathers-bc

5. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    We love 4-H! My kids are 4th generation 4-H er's [​IMG]

My 4th child is able to join this year. he is sooo excited!

Sarah

6. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

I loved 4-h was in it for um... 9-10 years... [​IMG] don't really remember but a while. This was my last year doing it and i already got asked by my mom the leader of our club to help run it and become a leader also. glad the fair finally got chickens back in it. can't wait to persuade some kids to do a poultry project and give them a good website to get info [​IMG] only problem with this i could see is that if there was a stalker/hacker in the forums they would be able to point out who the 4-h kids were because they are usually younger kids....

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    This was our first year in 4H. I say our but I mean my kids who are 9,13 and 16. My 17 year old didn't want to join but is considering doing so this upcoming year. My 3 yr old is already talking about when she 'gets bigger' she wants to be in 4h. I am so disappointed that I didn't sign them up sooner. This year they have learned soooo much. It was so refreshing to see the teens hanging around the barn from morning til night. They are so grounded and very down to earth. I didn't worry about where my kids were while at the fair. Everyone kind of looks out for everyone else as well as their animals too! If you are considering having your kids join, I say don't wait. My kids were very quiet and shy and by the end of the year they couldn't wait til next year and two of them are even 'officers' for the upcoming year. [​IMG]

8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Love 4-H! I grew up in 4-H and my kids are growing up in it! I am also a 4-H leader. My oldest daughter just finished her 12th year, she is eligible for 2 more. My youngest is just starting her first year as a cloverbud and can't be more excited! My boys haven't been as excited as the girls, but have still participated and had fun. My oldest son was just more into sports, we will see how my younger son does. I think he wants to do shooting sports and will be old enough this year to start, so that may hold his interest.

9. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

4-Hers here too...My two girls finished their first year and will be starting their second very soon! We just chose one project (poultry!) for the first year. My 10 yo DD wants to add more projects this year. 7 yo DD will just do Poultry again. We have enjoyed it.

10. Chicky Mama

Chicky Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Mountains of N.E. CA
    Colored Egg Farmer
    only problem with this i could see is that if there was a stalker/hacker in the forums they would be able to point out who the 4-h kids were because they are usually younger kids....

I figured it'd be more of the parents on here than the kids,I haven't notice to many kids on here anyway. We've had a great first year just had fair on the 5 and my DD did AWESOME for the first time out.She got 1 plc.Jr.showmanship,1 plc. for her OEG bantam pullet, & best opposite! [​IMG]
    Way better than what we expected.Though there was only 5 of us at fair,4 in our poultry club.I guess it used to be bigger years ago until there was problems with disease and that was the end for them until last year.So we're trying to rebuild in the Shasta cnty. area.Our club is mostly cow & pig kids.We had a small corner on a table in the cow showing arena and alfalfa where we used to be!We need to fix that next year.I think the kids are more important than best alfalfa. Alfalfa should be with the food/Ag. exhibits anyway,but that's just me!
    [​IMG] Great job to the kids!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by