4 internal pips! how long til i should worry that those have not externally pipped??!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bellah1, Mar 18, 2013.

1. bellah1

bellah1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2012
    Western Washington
    i went into lockdown last night @ 11:30pm after i candled and found 4 of my duck eggs had internally pipped. so my question is how long til i worry that those have not externally pipped?

2. bellah1

May 14, 2012
    Western Washington
    Giving my question a bump cause I really need some advice!

3. what did I do

what did I do Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    Montana

I wouldn't worry until after the hatch day has passed. With my last hatch I tapped into the air cell end of the egg. If I saw something move or make a sound I put it back in the incubator but I know that doing this could kill them too. I didn't do this until only afew eggs were left to hatch. It does take time to hatch after the internal pip. Even after the internal pip the chick is still absorbing the yolk so don't react yo quick.

4. bellah1

May 14, 2012
    Western Washington
    i wasnt sure if there is a certain amount of time where they run out of air in the air cell. they where rocking and peeping this afternoon and now it seems quiet. what i really want to know if there is an amount of time from when they pip internally to when the pip the shell that is too long?

5. bellah1

May 14, 2012
    Western Washington
    Anyone else have advice? It's been 38hrs since those 4 internally pipped and still no external pips! Is there a point where they run out of air in the internal pip? HELP!!!!!!!!!

6. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by