4 month old chick problems please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Tammy1973, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Tammy1973

Tammy1973 New Egg

Jan 16, 2014
    Hi my chick has seemed to developed funny legs,wobbley legs ,she eats drinks fine,but very unstable on her legs and she seems to have a dirty bottom,i give them every second day corn kernals and she love them and have started all of them on poly aid plus with probotic we have wormed them as well with ivermectin,can anyone tell me what is wrong with her please thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Welcome to BYC. Chicken worms have built up a resistance to Ivermectin, so a better alternative wormer would be SafeGuard horse wormer or the goat wormer. Regular 16-20% protein chicken feed should make up 90% of her diet, so that she gets all of the proper nutrients and vitamins. Some chickens will have dirty bottoms from too much fluff that can be trimmed occasionally, the stickiness of the poo, or from vent gleet. Her wobbly legs sound like a symptom of Mareks disease--was she vaccinated? How old is she?

3. Tammy1973

Tammy1973 New Egg

Jan 16, 2014
    thanks for your fast reply,she is about 3 and a half months old and i dont think she was vaccinated [​IMG]'i have 6 chicks in total 3 that are vaccinated and 3 that are not she is the only one showing signs with her legs. I feel so sorry for her.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by