4 month old frizzled silkie and pet dutch bantam chicks~ FREE, NC

bantambury

life does go on.
6 Years
Sep 3, 2013
North Carolina
Hey there! despite the many chicks ive hatched this year, ive only had 6 hens total. I need to find good homes for my last few roos ASAP before winter so i wont be stuck with too many and no housing for them. they are almost 5 weeks, and are no longer with heat and are living in my garage.

I have 1 75% silkie 25% japanese bantam. his mom is sizzled, and he is silkied. Super sweet little guy. Id love to keep himm if i could.

2 pet quality dutch bantams.
I want to say one silver duck wing x gold duckwing and one gold duck wing x black breasted red. (there are two roos with my hens). Not sure of their exact coloration's, but thats my guess. one has gold hackles and one has cream :)

i have attatched photos of all the parents of these chicks :)

Local pickup only please, in Fuquay varina NC I will meet half way. :)
Ashley

Last edited:
Hello. My name is Cassidy Fishman and I was wondering if you had any chickens still available and if so, what breeds/ages did you have have.

Just to tell you a bit about myself, my family and I run a small animal rescue and therapy program for special needs and at-risk children, who have been mistreated, abused and neglected.
I, personally, fell in love with the Cochin, Silkie and other sorts of exotic breeds the very first time I ever saw them, and over the years I've been lucky enough to collect quite a little hodgepodge of exotic and interesting chickens. Lately, I've really been wanting to expand my little collection and add some more color and variety.
Luckily enough for me though, our 'fuzzy', little chickens are some of the kid's from our programs' very favorite animals on the farm, which gives me the PERFECT excuse to add to our adorable mini, chicken posse!
All that being said, I'm really not picky, as far as age or color. We're not interested in showing, so confirmation and bloodlines aren't all that important. And with us having run our animal rescue for most of my life, we're perfectly fine taking in full-grown adults, as well as baby chicks. In fact, we don't even mind taking in any 'special needs' individuals that you may have...
Really we're mainly just looking for a nice variety of breeds and colors, trying to at least keep a pair of each type together...
We especially love Cochin's, Millie's, Silkies, Polish, Frizzles and Brahma, but really we'll pretty much take in anything that's sweet, silly looking and in need of a good home!
All that we ask is that they have a friendly temperament towards one another (no Bullies!), although interesting good looks are always an added bonus! :)

Getting back to my original point though, we recently moved to this area and we've been looking for a nice, local farm, who might be able to help us get better situated in the community.
I've been looking around for a while now, so needless to say, when I came across your farm on Facebook, I was absolutely elated! I just LOVED the pictures of your beautiful birds and I was quite impressed by all the good reviews that I've heard about your farm.
It's always so hard moving to an entirely new area and having to start all over again. And with so many scams and such now-a-days, it can be quite difficult to know who is truly reputable or not...
After looking through everything though, I just KNEW that I at least had to try and reach out to you all and just see if you still had anything available...
If you don't have anything that you think would work wellnfor me though, I completely understand. I know that it's quite late in the year to be searching for new additions to the family.

Anyways though, I truly am sorry for bothering you with such a long message out of the blue like this, we're just a bit lost out here and we would REALLY appreciate it if someone who could just point us in the right direction, as far as where and who to go to for healthy, happy chickens...

No matter where we go or what we do end up with though, I can absolutely ASSURE you that any animals we purchase will be VERY loved and well taken care of...

And on that note, I will finally leave you alone. Thank you for your time and hell and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cassidy Fishman
Phoenix Farms Animal
Rescue, Rehab & Training Facility

Back
Top Bottom