4 month old GC quit laying but still sitting?

AmberRose23

Chirping
Feb 17, 2023
So my GC just started laying a few weeks ago and later everyday without fail. We added 3 pullets, 3 months old roughly and she was the only hen and she was invited them in with open arms. She was laying in a nesting box until they came and then decided they were too noisy and chose a spot in the backyard. All the hens like to hang out under the deck and apparently she realized she wanted to lay a few eggs under there and for consecutive days they were broken and eaten. The next day we closed all access to under the deck and there were no more chicken parties underneath. Since that day she has laid not one egg. Our other isa brown has begun to lay in a nesting box. But our golden comet still goes to her spot in the yard and sits but does not lay. Should I be worried? She acts normal. She eats, poops and plays. Could she be laying internally? Is she not laying because the isa brown is? I am starting to get worried.

Could be temporary due to stress from the addition of new birds or the fact that you closed off her favorite nesting spot. Or she may have found a new alternative spot that you haven't yet discovered.

Could be temporary due to stress from the addition of new birds or the fact that you closed off her favorite nesting spot. Or she may have found a new alternative spot that you haven't yet discovered.
Hello! She actually I think may have some egg issue going on. We gave her an epsom salt bath and massaged her and put Ky jelly up her bum. She passed two poop last that look like they have egg in them. She even ate one of them. Should I be worried about EYP? I am so scared now.

Did you happen to snap a photo of the poop? I've not dealt with EYP before so a photo would hopefully help others with diagnosing and advising.
This is what it looked like. Maybe I will start a new thread.

Attachments

• IMG_9387.png
    IMG_9387.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9386.png
    IMG_9386.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom