4 month old LAYS EGG!!!

chickenwoods

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
**||OKLAHOMA||**
One of my 4 month old rir/buff orp (supposed to be rir,but she is lighter in color) layed her first egg!!!!

I just put her in the barn with the big girls,i guess they taught her how lol..I had 7 eggs this morning.(only six full grown hens in barn,and the 4 month old)I know one of my layin hens didnt lay two eggs,this egg was DEFINATLY a pullet egg.

Anyone had an early layer like this??

My lil red x link started at a little over 3 1/2 months, on July 21, and she was born around March 29. She has been regular every since, only missed two days that first week.
smile.png

She was 16 1/2 weeks.

Do yalls chickens lay eggs every day???
I have 7 layers now,
1 w/Leghorn
3 rir
2 blacksexlink
1 wyndotte

and i rarely get all 7 eggs everyday..
sad.png

6 of them have been laying for a little over a month now and i usually get 5 a day from them.sometimes 6 or 7 avg 5 .is this normal??

I think chickens generally lay 6 eggs a week - so they'll each miss a day each week!

I have only 5 laying everyday right now out of 42 hens... personally I think I have a few that are laying elsewhere that I just can not find... locking them up next week to find out... but to answer your question... if they are just learning to lay,... they can take some time to get regular... about 7 to 10 days from what I have read on here... sometimes less.

Hi I'm new to the forum and a new chicken Mamma i have a Buff Orpington and I think it is my Silver laced Wyndotte (or my Barred Rock) that have started laying at 4 months, I was completely surprised too as I was expecting Sept or Oct to have our first Eggs. I did not even have them on the laying pellets yet. I have started the laying feed now! The eggs are not very large probably about 1/2 to 2/3 rds the size they should be. but was very excited for our first Egg!!!!

Congratulations! I’m in the same position with SLWs and BOs 18 weeks old. I witnessed some mating today for the first time, so clearly they are mature enough. I threw some pine shavings into the nest box. So the countdown begins!

One of my 4 month old rir/buff orp (supposed to be rir,but she is lighter in color) layed her first egg!!!!

I just put her in the barn with the big girls,i guess they taught her how lol..I had 7 eggs this morning.(only six full grown hens in barn,and the 4 month old)I know one of my layin hens didnt lay two eggs,this egg was DEFINATLY a pullet egg.

Anyone had an early layer like this??
My 4mo old Barr rock/RIR cross laid two eggs (blue!) with shells and 2 shell less blobs in early april. Nothing since and she is 5 mo old now 😢

Back
Top Bottom