4 month old Leghorn? He or she?

xxadrixx

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
Downey

The place I got her from said they had checked mutliple times to make sure she was a girl, but the last time was at about the 2 month mark. I don't even know if it is for sure a leghorn, that is my guess. I was looking at hen leghorn pics and they have big floppy combs too not just the roosters. But..those look like saddle feathers to me. I don't know if it's relevant but when we got her she was the sweetest thing, she would hop up on your lap and she just wanted to be with you like a pet chicken and now he/she is freakin meeean! I put my hand in there the give him water and he machine gun pecks my hand. Thankfully they sasid we could trade if it is a rooster. But he/she still kinda makes chicky sounds no crowing yet but he is only about 4 months old. Help please and thanks in advance

here is another pic, i couldn't get too many good ones he doesn't stay still and runs away from me, was trying to get a better pic of the feathers

haha thanks guys i was hoping somehow i was wrong, cuz he wasn't crowing yet....appreciate it. that's probably why he is a jerk too..

really i have never heard of a nice rooster, that is good! unfortunately Juan Pollo here has to go, no roos allowed in my city. plus i have a tiny yard he would be crowing right at my neighbors bedroom window..lol

Back
Top Bottom