4 months still not sure

maryann momhen

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 24, 2014
new jersey
I got these 2 barred rock chicks as a surprise easter present from a friend..I was told they looked 3 weeks old as my friend didn't ask their age or gender..dopey michael...anyway that was around april 26th which would put them at 17 weeks ...I'm planning on uploading pictures next but my phone doesn't always behave...anyway I was sure they were hens as up till yesterday no significant rooster signs...only pale pink small combs and almost nothing red under their beaks..and very quiet just the meekest of clucking...anyway yesterday one of 2 looks significantly different from the other...dark red comb and the things under the chin are much bigger..and then I hear it making a new sound that sounded a bit closer to crowing .but still weak..not quite sure ... then I read that even hens get some dark red stuff growing and have their own kinda crow...let's see if I can get some pics up!!

He's so cute...I have some from the first day I got them too..and I just went outside and took a few more..trying to put them up but my phone keeps locking

Back
Top Bottom