4 mystery chicks from the feed store, 4/14/2014

chicken8

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 31, 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
Four magical mystery chicks, purchased a couple days ago at the feed store. Any guesses as to which breeds these may be?

Assumptions:

They are about 5 days old.
They are large fowl.
They are from Murray McMurray.
They are pullets.
They are cold tolerant breeds (I'm in Alaska, and the feed asked for breeds that can survive here).

Chick 1
yellow-orange, with two faint "chipmunk" stripes on the back. Yellow belly. Yellow legs and feet. Feathers coming in on the wings (barely coming in) are buff.

Chick 2
Black body with a whitish belly and some white on the wing tips and face. Legs are mixed grayish and orange. Foot botoms are yellow. Feathers on the wingtips are starting to come in black.

Chicks 3 and 4
They are the two in front. Brown faces with a bit of "eyeliner". Black-gray bodies with a bit white near the wingtips and on the belly. Legs are grayish. Feathers coming in on the wingtips are mixed black and brown.

And here's a few shots of the group. Sorry, my phone doesn't take the best pictures.

Chick 1- Red Sex Link or possibly another production cross, is she is a RSL then she is a pullet.
Chick 2- Either a Black Jersey Giant or a Black Sex Link, if it is a BSL, she is a pullet as well.
Chicks 3 to 4- Both are Black Sex Link Pullets.
smile.png

Chick 1- Red Sex Link or possibly another production cross, is she is a RSL then she is a pullet.
Chick 2- Either a Black Jersey Giant or a Black Sex Link, if it is a BSL, she is a pullet as well.
smile.png
I agree. Cute chicks!

smile.png
X3

Back
Top Bottom