4 New Chickens and whole new world! Help please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by moiphy, Aug 21, 2011.

1. moiphy

moiphy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    Okay three of them are suppose to be golden comets but I have no idea how old they are (4 months) and the other one which seems to be having a bit of difficulties in confinement; I was told was an Americana and this chicken is HUGE! So my question is

Are three golden comets..indeed golden comets and if so around 4 months????
    The fourth bird is it an Americana? Is it a hen or rooster? Any guess on age? Oh and there is some gunk on the eye...is this something?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tiss

Tiss Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Georgia
    Looks like an Easter Egger cockerel. I can't really see his eye in that picture. You may want to search over in the injury and disease section. His saddle feathers aren't very long and his spurs don't appear to be in yet, which would lead me to believe he's not very old (less than a year). He's looking a little rough, poor guy.

The three pullets are some kind of Red Sex Link. They could very well be Comets. Four months looks about right.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  3. The Turken Lady

The Turken Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:x2

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    The fourth one is an Easter Egger rooster (they're commonly sold under the false claim of being an Ameraucana) I don't know what gunk you're talking about though, sorry. The others are indeed Sex-link girls [​IMG]

5. moiphy

moiphy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    NC
    Well I guess it is time to find the rooster a home....I just checked on them and he is in the laying box! Just looks wet around eye underneath with some white chunks..very small white chunks (might not have actually came from HIS eye) Thanks

6. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    I see three Red Sexlink hens (aka Golden Comet, Cinnamon Queen, Red Star, ISA Brown, etc) and one Easter Egger rooster. [​IMG]

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    You have 4 RSL girls either 4 or closer to 5 months (nice pink combs/wattles) and 1 Easter Egger cockerel.

8. crazypetlady

crazypetlady Chillin' With My Peeps

he looks just like my ee roo

9. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  10. silky_3699

silky_3699 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    My Own Realm!!!