4 new girls have come to roost

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jomercer, Jul 13, 2010.

1. jomercer

jomercer Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my girls (3 for sure, the jury's still out on the sex of the ameracauna) from their foster mom on Sunday. They're 8 weeks old; one each of black australorp, golden comet, silver-laced Wyandotte, and ameracauna. Their names are 'Ele'ele, Kula, Lihilihi, and Kiko, respectively.

They're a riot to watch--busy, busy, busy! They've already weeded the fenced-in yard where the dogs run. Next, I'm turning them out in their tractor to start on the lawn. I had to put them in their coop on Sunday night, but just as it started to get twilighty on Monday, they put themselves to bed.

I built them a 4x4x8' tractor that will have a 4x4x4 coop by the weekend (I hope) for the summer. I am working on a winter quarters, with space partitioned off from the garden shed along with a fenced yard that will measure 8x10'.

It's interesting that 'Ele'ele is actually about a week older than the others, and she has an adult "buk buk" voice, whereas the other three are still cheeping like babies.

I'll post some photos as soon as I find a digital camera to borrow.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats and Enjoy! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by