4 pips and I have to work today.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LoneCowboy, Sep 24, 2008.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    [​IMG] I can't believe I have a job today. I have 4 pips and it's my very first hatch using my own eggs. I want to sit and watch. That's what Hatchaholics do! That's what we are supposed to do! DH doesn't understand, he keeps telling me that they will hatch without me. The rules of the hatchaholic say that isn't true [​IMG] We are supposed to sit there and watch all day and night like zombies forgetting everything around us. I'm very good at this. I need to be home doing my chicken mom job!! [​IMG]

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Look at it like this, if you are working you will be less tempted to touch the bator...... [​IMG]

3. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I don't touch the bator. Nope, not me..... Well, maybe I have once.... Ok, maybe a couple of times, but that's all really [​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Seeeeee I think for you, Work is a good thing [​IMG]

5. Shogun99

Shogun99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Las Cruces, NM
    [​IMG]I agree! Hands off until the chick is at LEAST zipped! Let it muscle its way into the big world...then you can mommy it and love it all you want.[​IMG]

6. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    The same thing happened to me! I kept calling home to have my DH give me a play-by-play! It is nice to come home to a bunch of fluffy butts [​IMG] running around! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

7. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    LOL I have school and I am praying and hoping that my egg doesn't start hatching while I'm a school!!! [​IMG]

Good luck!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. LoneCowboy

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Got home to 3 cute fluffy butts. Another is half way zipped. No more pips yet, but since I can't remember exactly what day I put them in [​IMG] these just might be early. [​IMG]

These were nice clean hatches though. That's a really good thing. I've had issues in the past with sticky gooy hatches.

9. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    YEAH [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your little fuzzy butts!!!