4 police officers killed today in Lakewood WA

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by rainplace, Nov 29, 2009.

1. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

I'm just stunned. A man walks into the coffee shop where 4 police officers are working on paperwork and turns around and shoots them. What stuns me the most is that this man was walking the streets.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010385617_webmansought29.html

Please keep in your thoughts the families of Sgt. Mark Renninger and Officers Ronald Owens, Tina Griswold and Greg Richards.

2. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    Holy wow.

3. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

It just gets worse every day.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Ain't that the truth. Now to worry about idiot copy cat killers that decide it's open season on LEOs. [​IMG]

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

That was an execution or a payed hit. I'm sure the fact that they were cops had a lot to do with it but there is something more going on. If it was not just about the ones that were killed why did they not kill the other people in the shop. Why leave witnesses?

6. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    My friend from highschool works at the department that covered for these men that day! Please pray for these mens families! And all affected by one mans decision!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  7. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:If you read about the man, he is mentally unstable. Six days ago, I believe, he was released on bond on a case of raping a child. He has other felonies pending, he's been convicted of other felonies... the guy made his wife and children get naked on Sundays for 5 minutes... the man should not have been walking the streets. He's assaulted officers in the past. He claims to be Jesus...

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Yup..they keep letting them out! Grr! Why?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'll be praying for those officers and their loved ones and for all of the officers. I just saw this on tv...So sad...but I'm sure our prayers and thoughts will count for much at such a time.

Thanks for bringing this to all of us.

Have a blessed day.

10. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Very sad ....thinking about all the people this effects for years to come and mostly forever....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by