4 pullets - OHIO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WoofMeowCluck, Jul 15, 2010.

1. WoofMeowCluck

WoofMeowCluck Dark Speckled Egg Lover

Mar 9, 2010
    Hello!

I'm looking for 4 HEALTHY pullets. The breeds, or combination of breeds, I would like are Red Star, Buff Orpington, Welsummer or Maran's. They can only be between the ages of 4 months to 8 months. Sorry, I know that is being picky, but my current girls are 4 months of age so I want them to be close in age.

I have some EE pullets now, age 4 months but need a few more for brown eggs. My girls are very well taken care of!!!!! Their coop is a palace [​IMG] and they have a predator proof run, fans for the heat, get lots of fresh veggies and we love to hang out with them. There is also a huge fenced in area where they can eat grass and bugs.

If you have some healthy & lovely girls of the above breed that you'd like to sell please let me know. I don't want to ship, so it would need to be any where in the area between Akron and Columbus, OHIO.

Please drop me an e-mail!

Thank you so much! [​IMG]

2. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Of you can't find any older ones, I have red star @ 2weeks old and I can meet in Ironton.

3. WoofMeowCluck

Mar 9, 2010
    Thanks so much for the offer! I'm afraid to add that age in with my girls, they might get bullied. I do appreciate your offer! [​IMG]

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    BeccaOh on here has a few 4 month old pullets for sale - 1 is a Welsummer. I think two are New Hampshire Reds, and she may have a Black Australorp or two. [​IMG]

5. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Hello,
    I can meet 'almost' all of your criteria...if you can't find exactly what you are looking for I thought I'd let you know what I have...just in case [​IMG]
    1) Welsummer pullet--check
    2) Location: Delaware County--between Columbus and Akron--check
    3) Healthy--check
    4) Brown egg layers-check
    5) Age: Just over 10 weeks...OK...off by six weeks...I told you I was close....
    I have a single Welsummer pullet, two Speckled Sussex pullets and a Welsummer trio (cockeral and two pullets) ready to go, hatch date 5/17, so just over 10 weeks. They are from Meyer Hatchery and I ended up with a few more than I need/have room for. If you don't have any luck with locating exactly what you want just let me know. I just posted an ad on CL (Columbus) Sunday night with pics, am working on doing the same here on BYC, just haven't had the time to figure it out yet...
    Good luck with your search.
    Dawn

6. WoofMeowCluck

Mar 9, 2010
    Thanks for all the replies and help. I got two Welsummer pullets, thanks Becca!! Now off to try to find the Marans which seems almost impossible! [​IMG]

7. DelcoChix

DelcoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Glad to hear you found what you were looking for--good luck with the BCM's. I'm sure you'll find them. I ordered 8 straight run chicks from a breeder in KY this spring, ended up with 3 cockerals and 5 pullets, sold all but 3 pullets and am really looking forward to seeing their eggs. They are beautiful girls...
    Dawn [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by