4 randoms that I have no idea about

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Treefolk, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Treefolk

Treefolk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    I have 10 Americana and 10 Barred Rocks, but my landlord hatched 10 chicks that were given and 1 died. I can tell that 5 of them are Americana, but these other 4 I have no clue (well maybe one).

First up is a black and white Rooster who has grown extremely fast (4 months old and larger then our 5 month Americana Rooster). He has white legs if that helps.
    [​IMG]

This is another Rooster who either looks black out of the sun with some red tint or a very dark red with black tint in the sun.
    [​IMG]

This is a hen that is the same age. A white rock? Maybe a leghorn?
    [​IMG]

Another hen who I think is an Americana. She has ear muffs but is all black. I've never seen an all black Americana, but my experience is limited.
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the poor quality photos. They were all taken with my camera phone. Let me know if you need better pics or have any idea.

Thanks!!!!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  2. MassivelyScrambled

MassivelyScrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Northern California
    not sure about the breeds on the first three, but we have a black ameruacana hen and #4 looks like one, though it's hard to tell for sure from the picture.

3. Treefolk

Jul 22, 2011
    Thank you. I'm hoping I can figure out the roosters breed.

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    #1 looks just like the Buff Orpington/Barred Rock cross roosters I hatched last year. [​IMG]

5. Treefolk

Jul 22, 2011
    Quote:Awesome. Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by