4- Rhode Island Hens and 6- Auracana Hens (Springfield IL)

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by fairestfinches, Apr 2, 2012.

1. fairestfinches

fairestfinches Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2009
    Sprignfield, IL
    I got these girls thinking I needed variety, but have decided just to keep Australorps.

The Reds, and Auracanas are just not my thing. All are right at 1 year old now. The can all go together or seperated. All lay eggs regularly. One of the Auracanas has a couple of twos that were broken at some point that are turned when she walks, but she doesn't limp or have any problems walking. $10.00 each. Can try to get photos if requested.

They were not raised as pets, but as livestock so they don't care much for being handled. Local pick up. I'll also be posting them for sale at the local Farm Supply since they are having chick days and some people just don't want to wait.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  2. Light_for_Jesus

Light_for_Jesus Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2009
    Could I see some pictures of the auracanas? I have one, and would like to see her have a few friends. Are they show quality?

Well, since I'm in Texas I guess you wouldn't let me have them. I didn't notice it was a local pickup. Sorry.

I would still like to see some pictures of them. :)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  3. hortberg

hortberg New Egg

Apr 20, 2011
    I don't know if you still have hens left. I hope so. I'm in Spfld. Let me know!

4. swsmith57

swsmith57 New Egg

Jun 25, 2013
    I would like to have some of your Auracanas please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by